Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A new year and some new paints


For years now, I've mostly used Citadel paints for my miniatures.  I've done this in spite of the fact that they seem to always be changing their colors, or discontinuing my favorite paints at the most inopportune times.  (I'm looking at you Citadel Foundation paints).  But this year, I decided to try something different, so I picked up a set of Vallejo Medieval Colors from Amazon.  The set was a bit pricy at $52.99, but it comes with 16 colors, which makes it cheaper than buying 16 pots of Citadel paints.  I've heard good things about them and am looking forward to trying them out.  Even if I love them though, I expect that I will keep using Citadel washes and technical paints.  What about everyone else?  What are your favorite paints and why?

No comments: