Sunday, February 7, 2016
My first foray into homemade dungeon terrain
I did the stonework by scoring the foam with an X-ACTO knife, then widened the gaps with a pencil. I got the texture, but breaking what has always seemed to be a rule when working with foam and used a light coat of Rustoleum spray paint. The spray paint of course melts the foam, but when used in the right amount, I found that it melts a nice texture on the stone, and it widens the gaps a bit more giving the stones better definition. Then I coated all of the pieces in back craft paint and dry brushed them with grey.
I'm happy enough with the result to try some more pieces. Maybe I'll try a stairway next.