Sunday, June 24, 2012

The (Ultima)te Adventure

I was feeling nostalgic today, so I hopped in the Wayback machine, set the controls for 1981 and went back to playing Ultima I.

I found myself in the magical land of Sosaria...


That castle sure looked promising, so I went to see the King.

  
Sadly, the castle was a bit underwhelming.  Maybe he was King of the Hobos?  The King gave me a rather vague quest, and I headed to town to equip myself.


The town was a little better than the castle, but that wasn't saying much.  I decided to head off into the wilderness in search of a different town.


Along the way, I saw a giant squid.


Though beset by adversaries, I reached another town.


It wasn't much better.


So I figured I would try searching dungeons for treasure.



It was very dark.



There were skeletons...


...and Luchadores in dresses.


All in all it was a very enjoyable afternoon!  :-)

No comments: