Sunday, March 6, 2016

A weekend of drawing


I completed three illustrations this weekend.  The first I used on Friday to introduce my free d100 table of perilous places, and as expected, the other two were barbarians.  Pretty productive for a guy who can't draw.  I've always wanted to be able to get some of the ideas in my head down on paper, but I'm quite aware of my skill deficiency.  So for years, that stopped me from drawing anything but black and white stick figures.  Perhaps it's growing older, I'm not actually sure, but about a year ago something made me just start drawing.  The first ones were very crude and pretty bad, and the recent ones aren't much better, but I'm really enjoying drawing them.  I like to think that they jazz  up my Weird Adventure Wednesday posts a bitt too.  I'll never be a professional artist, and no one is going to ask me to illustrate anything for them, but I'm having a blast drawing them.  Maybe I'll even take the original black and white scan and make a coloring book.  Maybe I could sell it for a dime on DTRPG?  More than likely, I'd have to pay folks to take a copy. ;-). So my advice to people as always if you think you might like something, give it a try.  You may find that you're not very good at it, but even so, you may find that you enjoy it and keep doing it regardless of the results.  So keep doing the things that make you happy.  :-)





No comments: